Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
Want advice? Add a question
Hi! I am planning to go to Hawaii next May. What would be best, to stay in Maui or Oahu? I am going by myself and I like nice beaches and meeting new people. Thank you!
4 answers to this question
Aloha Kaua (Hell-o to you Alex) Both islands have their own uniqueness. If this is your first visit come to O'ahu. It has all what big & small city has. Tim stated it all. If you want crowds it has it if you want to get away from it you could find it. If you want to stay in a hotel within walking distance to whatever you want it is available. If you want to get away from it stay at ko'olina or Turtle Bay. You do need a car. Kind of expensive Ko'olina not too for Turtle bay Waikiki is crowded, but you can find places to eat easier that stays open longer and cheap. Aloha Hoku
hi alex i liked know hawai but the situision en argentina idoĦn not posibilit travell for hear i promissius whit i will gou traveles in my sleep. you are is very preety ,ho yes in the sleep we ar thogueter ĦĦĦĦ and keesss
Hi Alex, I have never been to Oaho, I do know we went to Maui 2 years in a row because we loved it so much. We stayed at the Sunseeker,a gay owned an operated hotel. Very clean and right on the beach. Very reasonable prices. It has a clothing optional roof top deck overlooking the beach. We went parachuting, ziplining, and in a submarine, and there is a very nice nude beach (little beach) not to far. It is not overdeveloped at all.Lahaina Harbor has shops and restaurant/clubs. Its mostly tropical and The road to Hana is a great day trip to blacksand beaces and the Garden of Eden. Look all this up. You will have a blast . We did twice. Brian
Aloha Alex-- I actually live on Oahu in Waikiki. If this is your first visit to Hawaii you should come to Oahu first. There are beautiful beaches, waterfalls, great hiking and swimming. You can rent a car and drive around the island and see the world class surfing beaches--Sunset and Waimea Bay. There is a large gay population and very friendly. There are less expensive hotels up to 5***** hotels on the beach. Cheap eats as well as French cuisine. Be happy to offer you suggestions on hotels and anything else. Maui is overdeveloped and a smaller island--does have nice beaches and is a destination resort but the hotels are expensive and May is crowded. Let me know what else I can help you with. Tim
Newest Hawaii Questions
- So Im moving to the Honolulu, Hawaii area soon with the Navy. Im starting my apartment/house hunting. Wheres a good place to live? Any ideas would be a great help!!!
- Hello, first time trip to Hawaii, I am staying in Maui and would love to know what there is to do for the lgbt in maui. Any clubs? any where I can get some greens? much obliged to anyone who can help out. =)
- First time trip to Hawaii. I'll be in Hawaii in April 2013 for two weeks. Really would like to find some not so known spots to hangout at. Curious if Oahu has natural hotsprings like Idaho has.
- iam staying at the aston waikiki is hualas or any other gay bar near by or any gay venue
- is there a womens bar or they all mixed in the gay scene in Hawaii